The key to successful selling is understanding a customer’s buying criteria and building your presentation around them. It’s common knowledge that nobody likes to be sold to, but people love to buy. Because your prospects feel resistance toward salespeople in general, your sales team needs to present your product or service in a way that glides right past any resistance. If you can do that properly, your prospects will want to hear more, and they’ll take action in response to your suggestion.
Imagine if your sales team could learn:
- Why the concept of criteria is critical in sales today
- How to quickly discover customers’ buying formulas
- How to use the uncovered formulas to persuade them
- How to begin the conversation to get to criteria and/or buying formulas (no icebreakers needed!)
- What questions to ask to convey expertise and competence
- How to establish credibility early in the sale by using the ‘Pull, Don’t Push’ principle properly
If your sales team is still using ‘Features and Benefits’ to talk to prospects, it is time to stop! They need to focus on discovering each customer’s buying formula and attach it to your product, service, or company.
In our training session, we will show you why understanding criteria is an easy, stand-alone skill with a huge payoff. We will show you the step-by-step process that elicits a customer’s buying formula so that your presentation will always be aligned with your customer’s priorities.