Results-based Approach to Sales Training
Our Sales Performance Improvement Process consist of 4 stages:
1. Identify – Focus on assessing your business and performance needs:
- identifying your business goals and KPIs.
- identifying your business need or problem that calls for sales training.
- identifying gaps between actual and desired performance of your sales force.
- identifying the causes for performance discrepancy.
- recommend strategies to close the performance gap.
2. Develop – Focus on developing the learning objectives and a measurement strategy:
- forming a plan for how the entire sales training initiative will be measured.
- developing a comprehensive measurement strategy for five levels of results.
- developing a data collection plan that supports the strategy.
- developing the learning objectives.
- aligning the objectives with your business goals and strategy.
- planning and designing a custom sales training solution.
3. Implement – Focus on putting the plan into action:
- aligning your company values with sales team values.
- changing belief structures to improve your team’s sales performance.
- engage your sales people by participating, learning and doing.
- practice applying newly acquired skills with immediate, corrective feedback.
- providing action plans to enhance learning retention.
- implementing a data collection plan to obtain data during and after the training.
4. Evaluate – Focus on measuring the impact on business:
- sales people’s reaction to the sales training program
- capability development (organizational and individual)
- the actual on-the-job practical application
- impact on business
- how to isolate the effects of sales training
- the benefits of calculating the ROI of sales training
To learn more how our results-based approach to sales training can help improve the efficiency of your sales team, schedule a free consultation call with our sales performance consultants at 647-427-1588 or complete the form here.